Thursday, February 9, 2012

GraduNate

See what I did there? I put my name in the title of the post. I'm pretty clever huh? But you already knew that. That's why you're reading this. Also because you are smart beautiful people, that's another reason why you are reading this.

So, you beautiful, smart, clever loving readers, what do you want to know about. Oh, my hand stands? They're going well. I am pleased to announce that I broke into double digits the other day. That's right, the 10 second hand stand. Although I have accomplished basically the highest honor in the sport, that's right it's a sport, I am going to be keeping things right side up for a while. After I broke my personal record I got greedy and wanted more. I was unfortunately in a terrible hand stand accident. I injured my leg on the globe in my family room when I toppled over. Luckily, my ladygirl did not get mad. Don't worry, I will be okay but I will be retiring for the time being.

Anyway, to the subject of this post: In a couple months, Manboy will be graduating from college. College! Last semester I sat down with my guidance counselor and she told me I was on track to graduate in April. I had to ask her if this was some sort of sick joke someone was paying her to lie to me about. I don't know why it feels so weird to hear about my graduation. I have been looking forward to this since the first time snow fell Winter 2005 in Provo. December 9th to be exact. Yeah, that's right, I'll never forget that date. It's the day I realized that going to school in Utah was going be a long journey.

Even though it's been a long time coming, it seems like graduation is coming faster than ever. Although it's a little scary to be leaving college, it's not scary at all to leave Provo. I won't miss the snow. I won't miss the parking situation. I won' t miss close-minded people. I won't miss the construction on every other road and on the one freeway for all the four years I have been here. I most definitely will not miss the terrible drivers (I'm not saying it's a Utah thing, they just all happen to have Utah plates).

What I will miss is the convenience of having all the people I know and love so close to me. After I graduate, it's off to a new city where I'll know no one, except Ladygirl, obviously. I will miss BYU, mainly the AdLab. For the first time... ever, I wake up and I want to go to class. I love the ad program and the professors in it. I will miss the certainty of being a student. Right now, I know what I'm doing. I'm a student. My future is uncertain. Sometimes I get a little nervous about it all. I guess all can do is follow the counsel of this amazing kid.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck my friend. When do we get to see a video of these miraculous handstands?

    ReplyDelete