Monday, February 20, 2012

Late Night Rendezvous

First, before we dive into what this post is really about, can we just talk about how weird of a word "rendezvous" is. It looks like a word that is the result of throwing your fingers down on a keyboard all at once. I bet if you do that ten times, at least three of those times you'll spell rendezvous perfectly. This is how it should be spelled: rondayvoo. That would eliminate all confusion, for me at least.

Anyways, about this late night rendez.... you know what, I can't do it. From here on instead of using r... (that word), I am going to just say "meet up." So, about this late night meet up. I am referring to me meeting up with food. It seems the later in the night it is, the lower my standards for food get. Why is it that when it gets past 10 PM all I want to do is go to a drive through and get weird? And by get weird I mean order the most unhealthy things I can think of. Large amounts and certain foods that cause even me, Manboy, to be a little ashamed to eat.

Little Caesar's Pizza, yes those gross $5 pizzas. I know they aren't the best tasting, but for $5, and when few pizza places are still open late at night, it's hard to resist them. I have had several occasions where I have put away one whole pizza by my self. I am not ashamed. (Yes, I am.)

That ginger that everyone likes. That's right, I am talking about the queen of the dollar menu, Wendy. My usual order: 5 chicken nuggets with ranch dressing, chicken sandwich, medium fries, medium Dr. Pepper (or Coke) and of course a frosty. You always feel so much better entering that drive through than a half an hour after leaving it. It's usually just depression or questioning a lot of your life decisions. But, that 30 minute gap is worth it.

Del Taco. Now I know what you're thinking, what about Taco Bell? Listen, if you can eat a meal at Taco Bell and look me in the eye and tell me honestly you're glad you ate that, then I will reconsider. Del Taco isn't all that much better, but you can't get the cinnamon twists at Taco Bell without having to use a bathroom 7 minutes later. Best kept secret at The Del is The Double Del Cheeseburger. Trust me. Next time it's late and no one is around, go to Del Taco's drive through and treat yourself. You'll thank me.

Then of course when it's really late, we're talking pushing daylight late, there are always those golden arches guiding you home. That's right, even McDonald's has a fatty little place in my heart. A trip here should be reserved for when things are really dark and desperate in your life. You know the feeling. You go, you get something that sounds the least terrible, you don't even make eye contact with the worker, and you rush home. Half the time, I eat all of it on the way home just so I can destroy the evidence right away. If you find yourself there, emotionally and physically, don't be too dismayed. We've all been there. I recommend the chocolate chip cookies.

Well my faithful followers, I wish you the best. There will be a special announcement on here next time. No, it's not that. The only baby to announce is a food baby because it's late at night and I just left The Del.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahahahah food baby! I agree with all your choices, but let me be the first to recommend that you reconsider Taco Bell. I absolutely love the potato soft taco. Try it next time. Tell me it's not the best snack in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three things:

    a.) I too am offended by your taco bell accusations, mostly because two dark weeks ago I went through a disturbing chalupa 'must have for lunch and dinner' phase off and on for a week... like I said... dark era.

    b.) the only good ginger is the one that is providing frosties, jr. deluxe cheeseburgers, small fries, small coke, and a chicken nugget for roughly five bucks and two bits. (and don't think I've forgotten about your magical free frosty keychain...)

    c.) the wee hours of the night also lead to the consumption of your tub of mango salsa and 5lb bag of tortilla chips that you got last Saturday while shopping on an empty stomach... trouble

    I hereby endorse this message/post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will not back down form my stance on Taco Bell. It is a whole new level of questionable life choices. I have been there. It left me with nothing but emptiness and colon issues. When I don't have to run, literally run, for the bathroom after eating there then I will consider it as a viable option for even the lowliest emotional eating moments.

    ReplyDelete