Friday, January 6, 2012

It's that thing when like . . .

I want my readers (all 4 of you, 1 of whom is my wife) to know what kind of a person Manboy is - you know, on the inside.

We’ll start with some simple things. Likes and dislikes.

Like – I am really into hand stands, you know, that thing where you literally stand on your hands. My record is 6 seconds. Yeah, I am pretty boss.

Dislike – The Kardashians. Unfortunately, my Womangirl enjoys watching their TV show. These girls are probably the dumbest people on Television and that’s including the cast of the Jersey Shore.

Like – Dr. Pepper. It can turn any bad day right around. Coke is, of course, right there too. Enough said.

Dislike – Terrible commercials. Now, I know I am just an advertising student and my work is not spectacular, but some of the work that makes it to TV literally hurts my heart. I am sure that some of you saw some holiday sale commercials where they took a classic Christmas carol and changed the words to promote a giant sale. These companies paid a lot of money to produce these things and the best they could come up with is “It’s the most wonderful SALE of the year…” I vow that if I ever get the opportunity to work on any commercials I will never stoop to such a low level of creativity. It’s just lazy. Anyway. On to something that I like.

Like – Pinterest. I don’t get on there and pin but if you are lucky like Manboy and have a Womangirl who is mildly obsessed with Pinterest, you know what I am talking about. The genius that started this site deserves a huge hug. Not that I ever went hungry before Pinterest overtook our kitchen, but I have never enjoyed such a delicious variety of food until my wife got hooked on this site. If your own personal Womangirl enjoys food blogs, good, because they are the gateway drugs to Pinterest. This is good: encourage her. Soon you will be rolling in delicious chicken bacon sandwiches, peach cobblers, and Nutella hot chocolate. Pinterest, I love you.

Dislike – Stairs, there are always too many of them.

Like – Coming back from being out of town and finding you have gas in your car and good food in your cupboard (Peppermint Joes Joes from Trader Joes. Maybe that is why they are called Joe Joes? Because they are form Trader Joes... I literally just put that together… Wow, I should be on the Kardashians).

Dislike – I don’t like how Hollywood cannot come up with anything original. Everything lately is either based on a book or a play, a sequel, or a remake from something 10 years ago. Sometimes I think the people writing these terrible commercials work in Hollywood as well.

Like – My wife, who fixes my typos and allows me to refer to her as Womangirl.

Until next time people keep your heads on your shoulders.

1 comment:

  1. i wish my wife would rededicate herself to pinterest. for months we had all of these amazing meals, but then the holidays came and went and we were back to mac n' cheese. which is still cool.

    ReplyDelete