Thursday, January 5, 2012

Who Wants Seconds?

When I stopped writing on my last blog, I was pleasantly surprised to hear from more than two people that they missed my posts. So I'm back! What else would be more uplifting in the dark months of the winter than the rantings of an abnormally skinny lad who eats too much junk food and is still trying to figure out his future?

Like with my last blog, I am sure this will turn into a venue for how I view the world, but since I am trying to make it as a copywriter in the advertising industry, I won't just focus on things that bother me. I'll try to balance it out with things that inspire me and make me happy too. You guys don't want me to just complain the whole time, do you? I didn't think so.

The main reason I wanted to start blogging again is because of something Billy Crystal taught me as a young boy. In the 1987 family classic, "Throw Mama From the Train," Billy Crystal's character Larry, a writer, said something that has stuck with me: "Remember, a writer writes always." Since I claim I want to become a professional copywriter, I need to start acting like I have something to say.

I will try my hardest to write in here a couple times a week. Only thing that will stop me is severe illness, deportation, or death (which will most likely come from some crazy Utah driver driving a one-wheel-drive Subaru). There, I was able to squeeze in a quick little complaint. Hope you're happy, you sickos.

Anyway, it feels good to be back and I look forward to what 2012 has in store. Manboy out.

2 comments:

  1. this is fabulous! Someone to say what everyone is thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember how I creepily stalk/like you and Alex? Well, here I am again! I will now be following your blog and most likely commenting. You have been warned. I apologize that I know you and Alex exist now.

    ReplyDelete